Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Life comes at you fast.

Won $400 on Friday and Saturday and then lost $350 on Sunday and Monday. Bleh. Account sitting at $745. Sitting at about even on the regular season so far. Yesterday I got greedy and put $100 on Denver winning out right in Toronto for +250 instead of taking the 7 points. Ended up losing by 3. Doh. Also bet on Nets@ Bulls under first half.. Bulls scored 38 points in the first quarter

Going to avoid over/unders for a while as they have been burning me again.

Basketball - 704 Indiana Pacers -435 for Game
Basketball - 708 Detroit Pistons -175 for Game

Parlay $100 for $83

Basketball - 704 Indiana Pacers -½ for Game
Basketball - 709 Sacramento Kings +12½ for Game
Basketball - 715 Utah Jazz +18½ for Game

Teaser $100 for $93

Thoughts on these bets -

Pacers have been a defensive disaster the first couple games. I think I underestimated how bad the Teague/Monte back court was going to be on D. Ellis is fine as an on ball defender, but run any sort of motion and his man is running free for a lay up or easy shot. Teague seems to be just not trying. It's sort of confusing. He was the starting PG on a team who was the 2nd best defensive team in the league last year. Also, Al Jefferson looks about done. He got destroyed by the Nets and has been pretty useless all the way around. I think the Pacers will eventually get it together - 3 new rotation players will take some time to gel. Plus Stucky got hurt in the first game of the year which is a pretty big loss for them. He was their first guy off the bench and 2nd unit leader.

Having said that, Lakers at home has to be a win for this group. It's early in the season, but you can't afford to lose to bottom 5 teams at home. Losing to the Nets and Lakers in the first 4 games would be horrible. That's why I have them money line in both bets.

Detroit really misses Reggie Jackson. They have played really well with out him, mostly because they are stacked at every other position. Ish Smith is such a spazz. He is super quick and creates some activity as a result, but he can't shoot a lick and makes a ton of bad decisions. Even so, I think this Knicks team is pretty terrible. Rose and Noah are cooked at this point. If I am a Knicks fan I am holding my breathe at signing Rose to a long term deal.

I like what I have seen from the Kings this year. Jager has these guys actually playing some defense. Having Aaron Afflalo in the starting line up helps them out a ton. Just a solid veteran who can play both ends really stabilizes things for them. I like them getting +12 1/2 against Miami.

Jazz are playing the best team in the league tonight - Spurs. Even so the Jazz play good enough defense to never get blown out. I like having 18 1/2 points in this spot on a tease.

Hopefully tonight I turn around my 2 day losing streak

No comments:

Post a Comment