Monday, October 31, 2016

I have never been a fan of Daily Fantasy.

It always seemed so lame. It felt like gambling for kids. If I was 15 I would absolutely love that shit. OMG I have Chris Paul, Lebron and Jabari Parker on my team! How could I lose?!

It just seemed so random too. Even if your team went nutz, invariably, 50 other people had even better teams. Plus it seemed sort of shady. You read stories about how Draft Kings guys were playing on Fan Dual and vice versa raking in tons of cash. I just didn't trust that shit.

Until last week, one of my buddies popped off 5k in a tournament he entered for football. And of course my buddy is not the sharpest tools in the shed. It kinda reinforced my narrative that it's just random luck and any one can win...... but still $5,000 bucks is $5,000 fucking bucks. It reminded me I still have some money in my Yahoo daily account. I chose Yahoo last year because I have always been a yahoo fantasy player, and love me some Woj. If I was going to donate money to DFS, I wanted it to be to yahoo. So I am getting back into it. Well until I piss away this last $50, then I'll be back to hating DFS.

No comments:

Post a Comment